Useful books to get into hacking!
1. C Primer Plus 5th Edition: To get into hacking and penetration we need to understand programming Language. Most of the powerful language is C. This book is very good to learn the C programming language whereas “The C programming language” is bit harder for newbie. Get this book and start reading.
2. Core Python Application Programming: For automatic and quick task we must need to code in an scripting language(Such as for exploit development). For this, the python is really very powerful(my favorite language). Learn Python from this book. For basic of python get the book “Learn python the hard way” or go to www.python.org tutorial section.
3. Assembly Language Step-by-Step: Assembly language is very very important for understanding how system work and for exploit development. This book will teach you the basic assembly language using nasm which is enough to understand asm registers,instruction and basic coding(such as shellcoding). After read this book you should read intel manuals.
4. Advanced Linux Programming: Don’t avoid the Linux internal. We are required to know Linux Internal And system programming is best to go with. This book is good and freely download-able.
and read them when you have free time. It is very useful knowing windows internals.
6. Basic of penetration testing 2nd edition: I have read the first edition and it was good for newbie who is coming into hacking. Get Basic idea of penetration testing and hacking from this book.